I know I know – other than Instagram posts I haven’t updated in ages (last post in November to be precise). Blame work then Christmas then work – second half of semester 1 is always busier and I came back on 5th January straight into exams – then a week in Tenerife then back to semester 2 and marking. However getting some semblance of normality back and Sqk is settled again after the aggro of changing childminder and Christmas. I am finding it interesting this semester balancing work and life – it is my 14 hours a week in the lab + 1 hr seminar semester so busy. Once you add in new PhD student (which a reason to be cheerful in itself – helps on promotion quest), research project kicking into high gear, 4 final year project students and two PGT students – well you can see why I wonder where my week goes – along with meetings galore (I do no have a Wednesday afternoon free to late March).
However, enough of work – on the other side of life Sqk is doing well although seemingly settled at nursery given he is pushing boundaries now – and apparently being defiant (getting ‘no’ lots end of this week). He is doing really well with new childminder who is working with us and hopefully helping us get there on toilet training. He did really well on our week away in Tenerife.
So reasons to be cheerful:
- Sqk – we met him for the first time 16 months and one day ago – yet I cannot rememebr life before he arrived.
- Sqk is saying spontaneously ‘I love you’ more and more to both DH & I.
- DH may, just may be considering second-time adoption.
- Sqk is doing well at nursery academically even if he is behind socially/emotionally.
- Lots of hugs and kisses from Sqk.
- Tantrums are diminishing.
- New childminder is really working with us and helping us to get Sqk to where he needs to be for September.
- Loving where we live and ability to get out into the countryside so easily.
- Laughter and giggles from Sqk.
- I am about to (this week) run my first support group meeting as co-ordinator for local AUK group – so it keeps going.
I have so much to be cheerful for – yes work gets to me as it is still in chaos some 16 months since the merger happened. But now the little boy who sleeps in his big bed above my head as I type this is the centre of my life alongside T.