Getting Toothless from where cleaners left him…. taken Sep 26, 2017 @ 18:50
Unexpectedly last night in this caravan. DH done 120 mile round trip to get his car as A1 closed next weekend so easier to take to back to storage tmrw and then over to trade in next Sat. taken Oct 07, 2017 @ 20:37
All hooked and ready to depart after our last night in her…. new bigger caravan next weekend taken Oct 08, 2017 @ 11:45
My current view – sat on floor with Sqk watching the washing machine which is on cleaning cycle taken Oct 10, 2017 @ 17:50
I love working through documentation for validation events – said no academic in my experience:) At least I am at home and have my comfortable computer setup. taken Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:12
Four years ago at this time we were sat on our settee with my camera on its tripod taking our first photos as a family having picked Sqk up from his foster carer’s house at around 9.30am. Following 12 bizarre days as we went through Introductions we brought home a little boy who was to become our son. Now the little toddler is a happy confident year 2 school boy – although he reverts to baby at times. Particularly as his childminder (of nearly 3 years) in August started looking after two babies. Continue reading “4th Family birthday”
- We had just met you …. now it feels like you have been with us forever
- You made a beeline for Daddy …. now ‘Mamma is best Mamma’
- We were strangers to each other ….. now you are claiming us all the time.
- We knew little about your likes & dislikes …. now we know you love trains and much more.
- You talked lots but mainly were not understandable … now you still talk lots but now are understandable unless you are being a baby.
- You had little imagination in your play …. now you join together stories from everywhere and can make all sorts of things come alive.
- You were an active 2 year old …. now you are an active 6 year old.
- You wouldn’t look much at books …. now you love reading & being read to.
- You had few friends …. now most of your class want to be your playtime buddy.
- You loved looking at photos of you …. this hasn’t changed much at all…
4 years ago today we met Sqk for the first time having read about him, and talked about him with various people. He is very much our son now even with all his issues which are minor in adoption terms. I cannot imagine life without him and he has brought so much joy to our life.